Sunday, December 14, 2008

Animal Crackers

I was driving back home, when I saw a big fat lazy rat crossing the road. Rats are disgusting, but killing it and having its blood on the tyre would have been more disgusting. Now this rat was really slow. In order to save its life, I optimized the speed. Enough to drive over it, but without having the tyres make contact with the rat.

However I was oblivious to the fact, and so was the rat, that a hungry dog was following it, trying to take advantage of its laziness. I only spotted the dog when it came really close to the vehicle. I was caught in a dilemma. It was either the dog or the rat. I couldn't have avoided them both. For a nano-second, I felt like the US of A. The rat was like Kuwait, and the dog was like Iraq. It was about to die a KKM (Kutte ki maut).

But there was one way out. I felt I could do it. It required tremendous skill. Spiderman reflexes. It required courage, and confidence. But most of all, it required sacrifice, since I was not wearing a seatbelt. It was difficult, but not impossible. It was worth a shot.

What happened in the next split of a second would give the Mithun's and Rajnikanth's of this world a run for their money. The dog did get hit. Thankfully, the impact was zero, but distracted the dog enough to give rat the time required to disappear into the roadside dirt. End of it, all three of us went home without a scar.

When I think about it now, it gives me a chill down the spine. What if I had to choose between the dog and the rat. I don't know. I have no clear favorite. They're all the same. Both dogs and rats look up to humans. Cats look down upon us. But pigs - they treat us as equals. I like pigs. I am pretty sooar about that.

Moral of the story: It's funny how dirty animals and Barney Stinson can restore your faith in God.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jeet said...

oyi.. next time wear seat belt.. and no you can't beat Rajni :))

8:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that was a true exhibit of chivalry! good job for saving a bit of ecosystem there :)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Dawson said...

:-)
No one can beat Rajni!

11:50 PM  
Blogger songara said...

hillarious and witty!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Priyanka said...

Awesome!!! Quite glad u dint get outta ur car and give the rat a drive home :D

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

matlab ki ab saala rajni-kaanth ke baad piyush-kaanth animal world ki raksha karega......sahi jaa rahe ho piyush-kaanth :)

Pankaj

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir ab main samjha why was cat not there...it was probably sittin in my bedroom...!! kyunki hamare ghar main billi ghus aayi...aur mujh par aur ankur par attack kar rahi thi..!!

3:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ab dekhiye piyush maneka gandhi peshwani ji,, ye kaam to aapne bilkul dil dehla dene wala kiya hai.. aajkal mumbai jaisi jagah main 200 aadmi mar jaayein fir bhi wahan ke minister kehte hain 'choti moti baat hai' aur aap ek choohe aur kutte ke liye apni jaan daon par laga rahe the.. wo baat alag hai ki aapki jaan ke badle main koi 1 budweiser bhi nai dega.. par bhi kaam kaabil-e-taarif hai janab.. waah !!

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home