Friday, May 02, 2008

Aging, or something like it...

Its 5:30 in the morning. The birds have started chirping. They'll soon be dropping turd all around. Pray, they don't understand the concept of weekends, Saturdays, sleeping late, or night-outs. They are dumb birds. And chidiya udh is a dumb game.

This night-out happened after a long time. Thanks to 'The Great Debaters' starring Denzyl Washington and Chivas Regal. Just like the good old times, the night-out did not tire me. I feel young. But unlike the good old times, I was careful while driving a friend back home a few minutes back. Guess we all become a little careful with age. Age does that horrible thing to us. Its not just the organic process of physical decay. The D in the G becomes mellow. Though, rest of it in the G remains yellow. Age is one damn thing which you get without putting in any bloody effort. It is one ugly thing, which goes on getting worse.

But then, I love to convince myself and others around that I am old now. Perfect excuse for laziness. My favorite lines start with 'saala is umar mein...'. I had a cute relationship manager at a stock brokerage firm who suggested a stock which would triple its value in one year. My response was, 'saala is umar mein hum harey kele (green bananas) nahin khareedte. I could never understand why she took offence.

Anyways, there is a brighter side to aging. I am told that the dating range increases as you grow older. For a 20 yr old, the dating range is 18-22. For a 30 year old, it is 20-40. How cool is that...

Before one gets judgmental, I am only 24 years, and 29 months. It helps being a little calculative.

3 Comments:

Blogger Priyanka said...

'Saala iss umar main bhi' kaise likh lete ho tum itna :))

awesome... total ROTFL :))
i liked the Din the G part :)) and ofcourse the calculative age part :P

2:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Arey Peshwani sahab matlab kamal ka likh diya aapne.. Is umar main bhi hanste hanse nakli daant bahar gaye.. bataiyye..

1:48 AM  
Blogger on a high.. said...

nice nice...you got me frequenting your blog now!

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home