Monday, September 22, 2008

Ek Bihari, Ek Haseena

Everyone knows about my love for anything which is remotely Bihari or Bhojpuri. I was revising a Bhojpuri number yesterday which was a fad during my college days. The melodious tune was so intoxicating that I decided to teach it to a girl. Trust me, it’s fun to have a girl sing this song for you.

The lyrics were:

baiyaan chhod do, bhor ho gayi raa balam,
humra laage saram, humra laage saram

which means:

(let go of my hand my love!, its daylight,
I feel so shy, oh I feel so shy.)

After a few practice sessions, all I could out of her bihari-with-english-accent was:

Bhaiya chhod do, bore ho gayi…

(let me go bro, you’re so boring)

I guess I’ll never teach any more Bhojpuri songs.

6 Comments:

Blogger Priyanka said...

biharan bheju kya???
angrezi maimo ko bhojpuri mein gawayega toh aisan hi hoga bitwa!!!!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

who is that girl? ;)

1:55 AM  
Blogger Jeet said...

koi easy wala gaan try karo.. jisme 'double' meaning na nikal paaye..

jaya ko bhi nahin pata ki 'who is that girl?'.. bhauji ko confidence main lena tha na.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

bhai jaan, matlab ab ye to dekhna banta hai,, agar already nahin na dekhe ho:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9X428bFlnU

gana likha hai chandu ki chachi ne aur ise gaya hai pappu ke papa ne.. aur farmayish karne wale hain bihar se apne lallu lallan,, pinki yadav aur chintu chor..

is dard bhare gaane ke bol is prakar hain:
school ke tame pe aana gori dam pe !!

1:12 AM  
Blogger Dawson said...

lol!
boring bhaiya!!!

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home